Your Future Starts Now
Each year the Community Foundation offers the opportunity for students graduating high school, current or returning college students and graduate level students to apply for over 70 scholarships through our competitive application process.
Vogt Educational & Leadership Scholarship
The late Henry V. Heuser, Sr. established a college tuition scholarship fund for students in Louisville, Kentucky who demonstrate high standards of scholarship, citizenship, and leadership. This $12,000 scholarship can be used for tuition, books, and academic fees at any nonprofit accredited four-year undergraduate program that leads to a BA/BS degree.
Qualified applicants include any high school senior attending a JCPS high school who have:
• Demonstrated leadership in school, extracurricular, and community activities
• A cumulative (weighted) GPA of 3.2 or higher
• An ACT score of 25 or higher, or an SAT score of 1200 or higher (Critical Reading and Math scores combined)
• Completed and/or enrolled in Advanced Placement, or equivalent college-level curriculum including Cambridge International, CLEP, Dual Enrollment, International Baccalaureate (IB), or Local Dual Credit.
The Vogt Educational & Leadership Scholarship is now closed and is scheduled to reopen in Fall 2023.
Louisville Artisans Guild Art Scholarship
The Louisville Artisans Guild is Kentucky’s oldest guild dedicated to pursuing excellence in arts and crafts. It was founded in 1956 as the Louisville Craftsmen Guild. In 2003, the name was changed to better reflect the purpose and membership. We are pleased to offer this scholarship to help high school seniors pursuing a non-performing visual art-related major within their first year of college. The Scholarship was initiated in 1995 as a $300 award and has grown to a one-time award of $2,000.
If you meet the following criteria, please begin your application for the Louisville Artisans Guild Art Scholarship.
- Graduating high school senior from Jefferson, Oldham, Shelby, and Bullitt Counties in Kentucky, or Floyd, Clark, and Harrison Counties in Indiana
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Provide five images (JPEG) best representing your portfolio
- Pursuing a college degree in non-performing Visual Arts or Visual Arts related field
The Louisville Artisans Guild Art Scholarship applications are closed. The application period for the Louisville Artisans Guild Art Scholarship will return in Fall 2023.
General Scholarship Application
The General Scholarship Application features 70-plus different scholarship opportunities and awards to hundreds of students each year.
To apply you will need to:
- Answer general questions and essays
- Outline work, volunteer and extracurricular experiences
- Submit academic transcripts and FAFSA Student Aid Report
- Show proof of enrollment for institution you plan to attend
- Provide contact information for references
Once the application is submitted, applicants will have the chance to be matched to over 70 scholarships based on their eligibility and financial needs. Click here to view the list of 2023 scholarship opportunities.
The General Scholarship Application is available from December 12, 2022, to March 31, 2023.
Do you have a question? Text the word SCHOLARSHIPS to 502.576.3736 to receive assistance and updates about scholarship applications.