The Oldham County Community Foundation is pleased to announce its upcoming grant cycle. Since our founding in 2010, we have provided 64 grants totaling over $120,000 to nonprofits supporting Oldham County. Applications will be available online beginning, Monday, June 17.
Grants in Action
As an example of grants in action, last year the American Red Cross received a grant for $2,000 for the exciting Victory Garden. The Victory Garden is a community garden under development and includes a drip irrigation system and a small shed. It will be able to supplement monthly commodities with fresh fruits and vegetables while helping the environment and educating the public about nutrition. It is open to everyone and is receiving the support of community organizations. The fenced organic garden will have raised beds containing vegetables, berry bushes, fruit trees, bee hives, composting with water collecting cisterns, and rain barrels.
The 2019 grants will be awarded to nonprofit organizations to support projects, programs, and capacity building opportunities that strengthen and serve the Oldham County community.
- Support new or ongoing programs or projects
- Tangible, one-time purchases such as equipment or furniture
- Organizational capacity building requests can include new hardware or software, increased staff, training opportunities for volunteers and staff, as well as needs critical to improving efficiency and effectiveness
Who can apply?
- 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations in good standing, or charitable projects fiscally sponsored by a 501c3 nonprofit organization in good standing
- Organizations who are doing substantial work in Oldham County and can demonstrate how the grant will strengthen that work
- Monday, June 17, 2019: Grant applications open
- Monday, July 1, 2019: Final grant report is due to the Foundation from those recipients during the 2018 grant cycle to be considered for 2019 grants
- Friday, August 2, 2019 at 5:00 PM: Application submission deadline. All information must be complete for the request to be considered
- Shortly after September 5, 2019: Applicants will be notified of the Foundation’s decision
- Thursday, October 3, 2019: Grants Reception
Selection is made by the Oldham County Community Foundation Advisory Board. The Board may request a presentation or site visit to complete the application process. The board is especially interested in supporting projects for which there is a matching grant opportunity.
Our goal is to provide the greatest possible impact from a limited amount of funds. To that end, we are seeking creative, yet realistic ideas, convincing descriptions, and supporting data to demonstrate the positive impact the work of your organization and/or our Oldham County community will bring.
The Oldham County Community Foundation may not fully fund selected requests, and if funds are limited, may prioritize supporting the costs of a project’s tangible materials over staff time.
For questions, please contact Stephen Gibson, Grant Committee Chairperson, 502.836.6522 or [email protected]
*The Oldham County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Louisville.