Grants Process Announces New Dates
The Oldham County Community Foundation is pleased to announce its upcoming grant cycle. Since our founding in 2010, we have provided 85 grants totaling over $154,000 to non-profits supporting Oldham County. Due to an increasing need for more support for our community during this time we have moved our process forward. Applications will be available online beginning, Monday, May 18 at this portal.
The 2020 grants will be awarded to nonprofit organizations to support projects, programs and capacity building that strengthen and serve the Oldham County community. The intent is to focus on organizations that have been impacted by COVID 19, and those who are helping people impacted by COVID 19 in the Oldham County Community.
Program or project funding requests can support programs or projects and can include one-time purchases such as equipment or furniture. The funds can also be used to buy new hardware or software, and other needs critical to improving the organization’s efficiency or effectiveness as organizations are adjusting to working under the restrictions of social distancing.
Who can apply?
- 501c3 nonprofit organizations in good standing, or charitable projects fiscally sponsored by a 501c3 nonprofit organization in good standing
- Organizations who are doing substantial work in Oldham County and can demonstrate how the grant will strengthen that work.
- Monday, May 18, 2020: Grant applications open
- Friday, June 5, 2020: Final grant report is due to the Foundation from those recipients during the 2019 grant cycle to be considered for 2020 grants
- Friday, June 12, at 5:00 PM: Application submission deadline. All information must be complete for the request to be considered
- Shortly after June 25, 2020 : Applicants will be notified of the Foundation’s decision
- Thursday, October 1, 2020: Celebration of recipients (Pending Decision)
Selection is made by the OCCF Advisory Board. The board is especially interested in supporting projects for which there is a matching grant opportunity and for the current year, grants directly helping those affected by COVID-19.
The Oldham County Community Foundation’s Advisory Board will review all grant applications. The Board may request a presentation or site visit to complete the application process.
Our goal is to provide the greatest possible impact from a limited amount of funds. To that end, we are seeking creative, yet realistic ideas, convincing descriptions and supporting data, if needed, to demonstrate how the proposed ideas will positively impact the work of your organization and/or our Oldham County community. We will also accept applications as a collaborative process amongst qualifying 501 (c)3 organizations.
The Grant committee is particularly interested in supporting projects for which there is a matching grant opportunity.
Amount Available and Grants Awarded
We anticipate awarding a total of $20,400. OCCF may not fully fund selected requests, and if funds are limited, may prioritize supporting the costs of a project’s tangible materials over staff time. As stated before, those efforts to help those affected by COVID-19 will be looked upon more favorably than other projects for the current 2020 grant cycle.
For questions, please contact Stephen Gibson, Grant Committee Chairperson, 502.836.6522 or OCCFGrants@gmail.com
*The Oldham County Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Louisville.