Join the Community Foundation of Louisville team connecting donors, nonprofits, and civic partners to create lasting impact in our community. We are hiring a Grants Associate to serve as an integral part of our Development and Stewardship Team. Please refer to the position description below for more information.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Kitty Gruber at [email protected] by November 1, 2019.
Title: Grants Associate
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
Department: Development & Stewardship
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Updated: October 2019
Nature of Work
The Grants Associate is an entry-level, administrative position responsible for entering and processing grants, which involves data entry, data management and data organization. The particular tasks of this position include processing grant requests from donors, producing and printing weekly grant checks, responding to donor inquiries, records management, creating and updating grant reports, filing, and performance of various other administrative tasks. A passion and commitment to accuracy, detail, organization and customer service is a must for this position. The successful candidate will enjoy data entry work and be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced office setting.
Essential Job Duties
- Process, print and mail grant checks utilizing Stellar Technologies’ iPhi databases
- Prepare internal and external grant reports
- Communicate with nonprofits and donors as needed
- Compile and distribute mailings
- Provide administrative support for the Development & Stewardship Team
- Provide informational support for other Foundation departments
- Provide coverage for the receptionist when necessary
- Represent the Foundation at events as required and appropriate
- Other assignments and special projects as assigned by the Senior Grants Associate, Director of Philanthropy and Vice President of Development & Stewardship
Knowledge, Skills and Talent
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with a broad spectrum of donors, community leaders, nonprofit representatives, Foundation board members and staff members
- Must have proficient computer skills, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Commitment to quality work, continuous improvement and accountability
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, organization and follow through
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion with minimal supervision and within the timelines set for each project/task required
- Strong analytic, problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize projects and multi-task is required
Qualifications and Experience
- Work experience in a business atmosphere
- Bachelor’s Degree or alternative post secondary or professional certifications a plus, but not required
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software required (Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Flexible self-starter who works well independently, but who also thrives in a team environment, sharing ideas and working collaboratively
- Personal and professional integrity
- A commitment to the mission and values of the Foundation
- Welcomes organizational growth and change
- Ability to learn quickly and follow current internal grant-processing procedures as well as implement new procedures when appropriate
This position may require the ability to lift objects of at least 20 pounds in weight. Job duties require approximately 80% sitting/typing and 20% standing/walking. Physical requirements will vary depending upon the specific duties to be accomplished. In addition, it is a requirement of this position that the candidate be able to maintain a physical presence in the Louisville office regularly and consistently and for the full, regular work week. The Foundation’s normal office hours are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Attendance may be required at special events during normal working hours or outside the normal work week.
The position is an administrative, full-time, exempt staff assignment and will be eligible to participate in the Foundation’s Employee Health and Benefits Plan as set forth in the Foundation’s personnel policies. Compensation will be commensurate with skill level and experience.
The Community Foundation of Louisville is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a culture that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion. There is no discrimination with regard to hiring, assignment, promotion, or other conditions of staff employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other legally protected classification
Please email your resumes and cover letters to [email protected]. Application deadline is 11/1.