Join Our Team – We’re Hiring!
Join the Community Foundation of Louisville team connecting donors, nonprofits, and civic partners to create lasting impact in our community. We are hiring a Senior Development & Stewardship Associate to serve as an integral part of our Development and Stewardship Team. Please refer to the position description below for more information.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Kitty Gruber at [email protected] by June 14, 2019.
Qualified applicants who previously applied for the Gifts and Grants Processor position will be considered for this position automatically.
Title: Senior Development and Stewardship Associate
Reports to: Vice President, Development and Stewardship
Department: Development & Stewardship Team (“D&S”)
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Updated: May 2019
Nature of Work
The Senior Development and Stewardship Associate’s work is critical to helping the Foundation build assets and be a force for good in community. The primary duties of this position are to provide administrative support to the D&S Team and assist with key development goals. This position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a passion and commitment to accuracy, detail, organization and customer service. This individual must be a motivated self-starter, thrive in a team environment and be comfortable managing various task simultaneously. The individual must have demonstrated proficiency with computer technology, including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide high level administrative support for the Development & Stewardship Team, including generating reports; producing and distributing correspondences; organizing, scheduling and preparing for meetings; researching and creating presentations; filing; and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Manage and track constituent relationships and records with the Foundation’s database.
- Manage and assist with Development & Stewardship events.
- Manage and assist with internal reviews of Foundation funds.
- Provide informational support for the D&S team and other Foundation departments.
- Manage and develop the Foundation’s charitable checking fund program.
- Assist with donor and fundholder needs.
- Steward Foundation donors in coordination with other D&S team members.
- Represent the Foundation at events as required and appropriate;
- Other assignments and special projects as assigned by the Directors and VP of the Development and Stewardship Team.
Knowledge, Skills, & Talent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proofreading, editing and presentation skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to interact professionally with a broad spectrum of donors, community leaders, professional advisors, nonprofit representatives, Foundation board members and staff.
- Commitment to quality work, continuous improvement and accountability.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organization.
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion with minimal supervision and within the timelines set for each project/task required.
- Strong analytic, problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize projects and multi-task.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior administrative experience preferred
- Fundraising, donor cultivation and donor stewardship experience preferred
- Prior experience leading projects preferred
- Personal and professional integrity
- A commitment to the mission and values of the Foundation
- Welcomes organizational growth and change
- Ability to learn quickly and follow current internal procedures as well as implement new procedures when appropriate
This position may require the ability to lift objects of at least 20 pounds in weight. Job duties require approximately 80% sitting/typing and 20% standing/walking. Physical requirements will vary depending upon the specific duties to be accomplished. In addition, it is a requirement of this position that the candidate be able to maintain a physical presence in the Louisville offices regularly and consistently and for the full, regular work week. The Foundation’s normal office hours are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Attendance may be required at special events during normal working hours or outside the normal work week.
The position is an administrative, full-time, exempt staff assignment and will be eligible to participate in the Foundation’s Employee Health and Benefits Plan as set forth in the Foundation’s personnel policies. Compensation will be commensurate with skill level and experience.
The Community Foundation of Louisville is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a culture that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion. There is no discrimination with regard to hiring, assignment, promotion, or other conditions of staff employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other legally protected classification.