[give] 502 is a giving circle for young professionals who live or work in the Louisville/Southern Indiana area. This is a collaborative group of young leaders who are interested in learning about the nonprofit landscape in Louisville and who want to make a difference. [give] 502’s mission is to engage, educate, and connect individuals with each other and nonprofits through collaborative grant making.
Membership requires an annual contribution of $502. Funds are pooled together for one large grant to a local nonprofit decided upon by a majority vote of the members.
[give] 502 members review applications, go on site-visits, evaluate applications and recommend a finalist to the full membership group for a final vote. Once a year, [give] 502 awards a nonprofit this significant grant and members volunteer their services. There are also several social and philanthropic events throughout the year to further engage members.
Questions? Please email [email protected].
2018 Grant Application is Now Open!
Criteria and Process
- [give]502 will award one single grant of approximately $20,000 in December 2018.
- Any nonprofit, 501(c)(3) public charity in good standing, or charitable project that is fiscally sponsored by a tax-exempt organization, working in Louisville are eligible to apply
- Eligible organizations may submit one grant application, for a project with a total budget of up to $50,000.
- Applications will be accepted starting Monday, August 20 until Monday, September 17 at 5:00 PM via the Community Foundation of Louisville’s grant website.
- During [give]502’s decision-making process, [give]502 members will conduct a site visit with selected organizations
Questions about this grant opportunity may be sent to [email protected]. [give]502 is an all-volunteer project and strives to respond to your questions in a timely fashion.