Our Biggest Day of Local Giving Gets a Fresh New Name and Look!
We are pleased to announce a new name, a new online giving platform, new training opportunities, new support features, faster turnaround times on donations and more for our biggest day of local giving! After the amazing success of more than 600 local nonprofits raising $4.3 million in 24 hours last September, we wanted to make it even better this year. We are pleased to announce a new name, a new online giving platform, new training opportunities, new support features, faster turnaround times on donations and more!
Our new name, Give For Good Louisville, tells donors why they are giving. We want everyone to tap into their potential to be a force for good. When we come together with donations big and small, we can change the world around us. That’s what Give For Good Louisville is all about.
We are moving Give for Good Louisville onto a new technology platform, GiveGab, that offers a sleek new look with additional features and benefits for participating nonprofits and donors, while also providing the industry-best security, reliability and stability. You can see a preview at www.giveforgoodlouisville.org. We love GiveGab and are sure you will too!
Our new platform will feature many exciting improvements including:
- Enhanced training opportunities for nonprofits provided by our new partner for nonprofit support, the Center for Nonprofit Excellence – such a natural partner for us and the nonprofits
- Peer-to-Peer fundraising feature for individual donor campaigns to help organizations reach their goals
- Faster turnaround on online donations – funds will be wired into nonprofit bank accounts within 3 business days
- Donors can opt to cover transaction fees at checkout – and data shows that most do
- Real-time match tracking for any match dollars organizations secure for them specifically
- Live Support Chat feature to make nonprofit signing up and profile creation even easier and donating online a breeze
Registration for nonprofits opens on June 1 and closes on July 14. This year there will be a participation fee of $50 for all nonprofits. This fee helps to support the efforts required to conduct a community-wide event of this scale including all of the improvements listed above; securing sponsorships that fund our bonus and incentive prizes; providing extensive media exposure; and supporting the nonprofit rally at 4th Street Live. Nonprofits that sign up by June 30 will get 50% off the participation fee.
Stay tuned for more news from Give For Good Louisville and make sure to keep an eye out for the return of our Facebook Live series – Getting to Know the Good.
Be a part of the force for good sweeping our community on September 14! #GiveForGoodLou