Under our current strategic plan our primary grantmaking focus is Education, which aligns with the goals of the Greater Louisville Project. We also award grants in certain focus areas that have been specified by donors creating an endowment fund.
Recent strategic grants include:
- Community Foundation/Metro United Way "Turning Up the Heat" on Education
- 5x5 Arts Initiative
- HIRE Grant
- Investing in Innovation (i3)
- National Fund for Workforce Solutions
Nonprofits Seeking Funding
We appreciate your interest in exploring grant opportunities through the Community Foundation. The Foundation seeks out partnerships and charitable investments that align with our strategic plan, rather than requesting projects or programs from local nonprofit organizations. So, there is not an application or proposal process for nonprofit organizations looking for financial support from the Community Foundation.
Please note that unsolicited grant proposals or requests are not accepted.
How can local nonprofits connect with the Community Foundation?
We invite you to:
- Submit an event on our Community Calendar
- Send us materials for our nonprofit knowledge and resource library
- Look for upcoming Meet and Greet events with our Community Leadership staff
For more information about our strategic priorities, please contact Angie McDonald-Hackett, Vice President of Community Leadership, at 502.585.4649.