Fund for Louisville Grants
WHAT IS THE FUND FOR LOUISVILLE GRANTS PROGRAM?
Created by visionary philanthropists who want to support their community today and beyond their own lifetimes, the Fund for Louisville allows the Community Foundation to respond to emerging needs and opportunities in the Louisville area. The Fund for Louisville's capacity building grants program was established on the belief that strong nonprofit organizations lead to effective programs and greater impact. Capacity building is investment in activities that strengthen the ability of a nonprofit to achieve higher performance and results.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR A GRANT?
- Are headquartered in Jefferson County, Kentucky. If based outside of the county, then organization must demonstrate that a majority of customers /beneficiaries are located in Jefferson County, Kentucky.
- Are classified as a 501 (c)(3) public charity in good standing.
HOW MUCH IS AVAILABLE?
Eligible organizations may apply to receive a grant award of up to $20,000. There is a total of $300,000 in funding available, made possible by the Community Foundation of Louisville, Lift a Life Foundation, and an anonymous donor.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Applications are available on Monday, July 7, 2014 at 7:00 AM and may be submitted online only. Click this LINK FOR APPLICATION and submit by the deadline, Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 4:00 PM.
HOW ARE GRANTEES SELECTED?
Grant proposals will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Readiness to build capacity
- Integrity of proposed project
- Project’s impact on organizational efficiency & effectiveness
- Organization’s financial condition
WHAT PROJECTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR FUNDING?
Each organization must analyze and present its specific capacity building needs. Some examples include:
- Adaptive: Needs assessment, collaborations and partnerships, program evaluation, etc.
- Leadership: Board development, staff training, leadership transitions, etc.
- Management: Financial management, internal communications, human resource development, etc.
- Technical: Technology upgrades, strategies for earned income generation or outreach / advocacy, etc.
However, your organization may have other needs that are not listed here.
- Grant request must make up 50% or more of the total capacity building project budget.
- Organizations that received 2014 Fund for Louisville grants are not eligible for this 2015 cycle.
HOW CAN I LEARN MORE?
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions
- See a List of 2014 Fund for Louisville grant recipients
- See the Presentation from our Informational Sessions held on July 22.
For additional questions, please call 502.585.4649.